Thursday, January 24, 2008

Missed Connections

On my morning walk I feel lyrical

and I leer at girls, out on the street.

Hoping that our eyes will meet

so that she will chance a glance through these portals,

to see that I am no mere mortal.

I will take her where she’s never been,

to a passion unreached with other men.

That is the truth I hold to be true,

but she will never try something new,

because random looks between strangers

are taught to us to hide dire danger,

and not my brand of sultry reflection

that is meant for more than a “missed connection”.

But, this is how we communicate,

through anonymous dispatches of love and hate

where I must resign myself to this

one pendulous

electronic kiss.





(Yes, I did actually write this and I am aware that it appeared on the Richmond, Va Missed Connections. I did, after all, post it there myself.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you write this, or just happen to see it?