Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ten Dollars From The Edge

Today starts with an appraisal of my current rations. After a depressingly short head count I find myself with 11 packages of beef Ramen, 1/2 pound of coffee, one loaf of sandwich bread, 3/4 of a jar of JIF extra-crunchy, 1-1/2 boxes of pasta noodles (assorted), 3/4 of a jar of pasta sauce, 1/4 of a tank of 87 octane unleaded petrol (10% ethanol), and ten dollars in the ol' bank account.

You see, most people thrive in financial security. It feels safe and allows the comfort to freely function. I, however, enjoy week 3+. Week 3+ is the period following two weeks notice at a job. How resourceful can you get to stretch the last minimum wage paycheck? It's exciting never knowing where the food and money will come from next. It's exciting to see where you will find joy and comfort when you absolutely cannot use money to find it.

I'm ten dollars from the edge and I've never been happier.

No comments: